De-consecrated Church between Ipswich and Diss in East Anglia. Both major towns have mainline railway stations and there are a number of local B&Bs and inns that offer accommodation and meals. The church is a Grade II listed medieval parish church, restored in 1870 and 1904. The nave has mainly C14 windows and the south doorway, also retains its original 14th century door.The nave has a 7-bay hammer beam 15 century roof, The font,c.1400, has octagonal bowl with traceried panels. There is also a fine 15th century pulpit, each side carved with 2 ogee-arched panels and pierced quatrefoils below; the base is original. The reading desk re-uses late C16 carved woodwork.
The building has domestic mains electricity and water but, please note that there are no toilets.
As can be seen from the photos, the church sits in a large green in the centre of the village and repairs are being currently carried out to the roof, so there is scaffolding round the outside. This is temporary and shall be completed summer 2012.