Dad's Army (2016 film)Dad's Army is an upcoming 2016 British war comedy film, based on the BBC television sitcom Dad's Army. Directed by Oliver Parker, it will be set in 1944, after the events depicted in the television series. The story will see Catherine Zeta-Jones play a glamorous journalist, who is sent to report on the Walmington-on-Sea Home Guard platoon. This is all before MI5 discovers that there is a German spy, hiding in the fictional British town. Filming began in Yorkshire in October 2014. The production design was by Simon Bowles, and the cinematography by Christopher Ross. The film is due to be released on 5 February 2016, in the United Kingdom. The film will be set during 1944, when World War II was about to reach its end. In Walmington-on-Sea, Captain Mainwaring's Home Guard suffers from low morale. This is until a glamorous journalist arrives, to report on the platoon's exploits. Meanwhile, MI5 have discovered a radio signal transmitted from Walmington-on-Sea towards Berlin, apparently the work of a spy, giving the Home Guard a chance to make a real difference in the war. Supporting cast - Catherine Zeta-Jones as Rose Winters - Mark Gatiss as Col. Theakes - Emily Atack as Daphne - Felicity Montagu as Mrs Elizabeth Mainwaring - Ian Lavender as Brigadier Pritchard - Holli Dempsey as Vera - Oliver Tobias
- Let's sink a car for Top Gear!
- Belfast Telegraph Film Location Article
- Signature to launch UK survival thriller ‘Hounded’ at the EFM (exclusive)
- High Snobiety - Gucci x Northface Campaign
- Lorenzo Agius Interview - Shooting Underwater For Vanity Fair/Canon (LON1721)
- A day in the life of a location agency!
- Proactiv+ Live Facebook Blogging (Manchester '17)
- Derbyshire Welcomes Yasmin Ogbu
- RADAR - 5 Questions to ask about Awards and Competitions
- Common Questions From Location Owners