Guillermo del Toro insists that Pacific Rim 2If you thought Pacific Rim 2 was dead in the water, think again - director Guillermo del Toro has announced that "it's not gone". It was recently revealed as part of the ongoing shake-up between Universal and film production company Legendary Pictures that Pacific Rim 2 had been put on indefinite pause. Del Toro begs to differ. "We are still turning in a screenplay and a budget in three weeks," he told EW. "As far as I'm concerned, it's not gone. We're still on it. It moved further. I may do another movie in the middle." This still means anything could happen, especially if the number crunchers decide that the first film's worldwide box office haul - $411 million - is enough to fire up the Jaegers again. Of course, this is not the first del Toro project to be put on ice, as the writer-director-toy enthusiast is keen to point out: "I can tell you this, if I was a billionaire, I would definitely do Hellboy 3, Pacific Rim 2, and [HP Lovecraft adaptation] At the Mountains of Madness," he added. "And I would quickly become a millionaire." You may want to double check your maths there, Guillermo. Still, perhaps his upcoming film, haunted house horror Crimson Peak - starring Jessica Chastain and Tom Hiddleston, out October 16 - will bring in so much cash he will be a millionaire-billionaire-thing.
- Let's sink a car for Top Gear!
- Belfast Telegraph Film Location Article
- Signature to launch UK survival thriller ‘Hounded’ at the EFM (exclusive)
- High Snobiety - Gucci x Northface Campaign
- Lorenzo Agius Interview - Shooting Underwater For Vanity Fair/Canon (LON1721)
- A day in the life of a location agency!
- Proactiv+ Live Facebook Blogging (Manchester '17)
- Derbyshire Welcomes Yasmin Ogbu
- RADAR - 5 Questions to ask about Awards and Competitions
- Common Questions From Location Owners